The best boat for sportfishing boats is the one that has the proper weight distribution to provide enough speed power. While there are many different aspects of a perfect sportfishing boat, speed is one of the most important. Speed affects other factors such as maneuverability, stability, and comfort.
To make it easier for you, we have created a list of the best sportfishing boats. These boats are not only our choices but also the choices of the pro anglers. Stay tuned to find out the best boat for sport fishing.
1. Honda Outboard L16RVX2
It is one of the best sportfishing boats that I have ever seen. It has many helpful features for a sport fisherman. It is one of the most beautiful-looking sport fishing boats that I have ever seen. It is high-performance and sports fishing, and you can get it at a big discount when you buy it from Amazon.
There are many great features of this boat. It has an electric start, and there is also an engine kill switch, which will prevent the electrical equipment from running if there is any problem with the engine (overheating). It only needs one pull start to start it up, which makes it much easier when you are trying to start or stop it in the middle of the water. It also comes with a patented water-cooled engine block and lower unit for higher horsepower and longer engine life. This sportfishing boat has 370 to 400 horsepower, so this will let you reach your destination faster and more comfortably than others.
- The Honda Outboard L16RVX2 is a 19-foot sportfishing boat. It has a 30 horsepower engine that can move as fast as 35 mph. It has an Aluminum hull which is very light and at the same time durable.
- It features a bimini top with shade for 4 people, integrated rod lockers, a compass, and a depth finder. The Honda Outboard L16RVX2 comes with a trailer and an outboard motor.
- This 19-foot sportfishing boat is heavy at 1008 lbs, which is more than most boats of its kind. It features a 30 horsepower engine, which is considered massive for its size.
- The Honda Outboard L16RVX2 has no center console. It also has no anchor trolley or any other way to secure the anchor next to the boat. It makes it very difficult to fish without the need to trek back and forth from the boat during your fishing adventure.
2. Malibu Boats 20FS
This sportfishing boat has a very reliable hull which will provide great satisfaction to any type of angler. It is one of my favorite sportfishing boats.
This 20 foot has a powerful engine that can help you travel at high speeds. It runs on a Yamaha 200 HPDI 4-stroke engine that is capable of producing enough power to overcome the wind and heavy waves, which makes it one of the most versatile sport fishing boats available in the market. It is also very easy to operate with one pull engine start along with an anti-prime feature that stops the engine when out of water.
- The Malibu Boats 20FS is a top-of-the-line sport fishing boat that is made with the world’s strongest gelcoat. It has internal bow storage that can be used to store your gear or even for storage in general. It also comes with an integrated boarding step and cleats.
- The Malibu Boats 20FS has 2-rod holders in the console, which you can use to place your fishing rods when not using them. The console also includes an optional third-person seat which you can use when cruising or fishing with someone else. It also comes with flip-up bolster seats, which help make it more comfortable to fish in this boat. This sportfishing boat has enough room to hold 4 people comfortably so this is perfect for your family.
- The Malibu Boats 20FS has an engine weight of 1500 pounds which can be very hard to pull up onto the trailer, especially if it is fully loaded with gear.
- It also doesn’t have any accessories that are standard with most sport fishing boat models. This sportfishing boat is more designed for the sport fisherman who would like to just go out and fish for a few hours without any worries or concerns. It is not recommended for any other types of fishing or boating activities.
3. Ocean Kayak Prowler 13
This sportfishing boat is the perfect choice for the fisherperson who wants to spend many hours on the water. It is another one of my favorite sportfishing boats.
The Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 is meant for people who spend all day out on the water. It offers amenities that will make your fishing experience even better than it already is. This boat has ample space behind the seat that can be used to store your belongings or even for storage in general. It also comes with 6-rod holders, which will let you get to your destination without having to stop and fish along your way.
- The Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 is a great boat for families. It can store more than 4 hours of fuel capacity so you don’t have to stop to refuel on your way or your fishing trips. It also comes with a tank-well console that can be used for storage, which will help you keep your belongings safe. This sportfishing boat has 8 inches of clearance under the gunnels, which will let you stand up and fish.
- This sportfishing boat is made with polyethylene, which is an extremely durable material that makes this boat very light and resistant to corrosion. With an empty weight of only 442 pounds, it is much lighter than other boats of its kind.
- The Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 has an empty weight of 442 pounds, which is pretty heavy for a boat of its kind. It also features a 14 horsepower engine, which isn’t very powerful when compared to other sportfishing boats.
- Also, this boat is only designed for 1 person at a time, which makes it very hard to fish with friends or your family members. The seats are also adjustable for thickness only. This sportfishing boat may be big but it won’t offer enough room to store your fishing gear when you get back to the dock.
4. Malibu Boats 26MS
The Malibu Boats 26MS is designed as a more serious fishing boat than the previous one. This is another of my favorite sportfishing boat.
This 26 foot has a 200 horsepower engine which is enough to move it at speeds as fast as 35 mph. It runs on a Yamaha 4 stroke, which can produce enough power to overcome the wind and heavy waves and will let you fish comfortably and effortlessly. This sportfishing boat also comes with integrated rod lockers, which let you store your rods when not using them. The console also comes with an anchor trolley, so you will not need to worry about lifting your fishing poles when you get back to the dock.
- The Malibu Boats 26MS is a top-of-the-line sport fishing boat that can make your fishing trip fun and enjoyable. It has seats with armrests, which will make the ride more comfortable for you and your friends. It also comes with handy drink holders, which are great for storing your drinks next to the seat so you will not need to get up every time you want a drink. The Malibu Boats 26MS also includes extra-large bow storage, which will let you store all of your fishing gear when not using them.
- This boat features a fully integrated deck and deck storage, which lets you store all of your belongings without having to worry about them falling out of your boat. It also comes with a rear bench seat which you can use when fishing with a partner.
- The Malibu Boats 26MS is the most expensive sport fishing boat on this list. It has an empty weight of 1122 pounds, which can be very hard to pull up onto the trailer if it is fully loaded with gear.
- It also does not come with any standard accessories that are common for this type of fishing boat. This sportfishing boat is not meant for people who have never been on a sportfishing boat before. It is ideal for someone who has been on a sportfishing boat before or someone who spends a lot of time on the water.
5. Inshore Inflatable Sport Fishing Boat
The Inshore Inflatable Sport Fishing Boat is the best choice for you if you want to go out and catch some fish, but don’t want to spend too much money doing it. This is one of my favorite sportfishing boats for good reason– It features every accessory that you could need to catch fish. This is another of my favorite sportfishing boat. So if you want a boat that will take you out on the water to catch great-sized fish, this 18M SL is your ideal choice.
This inflatable sportfishing boat is compact and lightweight, with an empty weight of only 14 pounds and an air pressure of 2 psi. It is powered by a high-performance, high-torque electric motor, which will let you fish in both shallow and deep glasses of water. It also comes with a clear window on the floor of the boat, which will let you see what is going on under your boat when fishing.
- The Inshore Inflatable Sport Fishing Boat is made from PVC material which makes it very durable and resistant to corrosion even when used for a long time. It can be deflated within minutes so you won’t have to worry about finding a place to store it when not using it. It also comes with a built-in seat, which will allow you to fish comfortably and easily. This inflatable sportfishing boat is meant for one person, as it doesn’t let you fish with more than 1 person at a time.
- This boat also comes with a rod holder and storage cupboards, which will keep your rods safe and secure when not in use. It also has an overall width of 7 inches which means you won’t have much trouble getting it onto the trailer or docking if necessary.
- The Inshore Inflatable Sport Fishing Boat is not designed for very long trips since the air needs to be pumped into it every few hours to guarantee that it will not leak out.
- It also doesn’t come with any other accessories that are common for this type of sportfishing boat. This boat has an empty weight of 14 pounds, which is not very much considering the size of this sportfishing boat.